Are you a Texas resident? If so,
read about Medicare in Texas here.

What Is a Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility (CORF)?

Find affordable Medicare plans

Get Started

CORF stands for Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility, which is a facility that provides outpatient services such as physical therapy, rehabilitation, physicians’ services, and social or psychological services.

Medicare provides limited coverage in CORFs. After you pay your Medicare Part B deductible amount, Medicare Part B generally covers 80% of your costs in a CORF, and you pay the remaining 20%.

However, there is a limit, called a cap, on how much Medicare will cover in one year. This cap may vary from year to year.

In some cases, you might qualify for an exception on the therapy cap limit. Your health-care provider must provide documentation that your need for further therapy is reasonable and medically necessary. For more information, contact your State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP). To get the phone number for your state, visit shiptacenter.org, or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048. Medicare representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Note: The information in this article applies to Original Medicare. If you have a Medicare Advantage plan, contact your plan for coverage details about therapy services.

Need help?

Call to speak with a licensed
insurance agent now.

Touch to Call

1- TTY users 711

Or, enter your zip code to shop online

Enter your zip code to shop online

Browse Plans
Was this article helpful?
Yes
No
Thank you for your feedback!
x
Compare Your Medicare Supplement Rates Immediately!

Please enter a valid zip code

Start Saving Now

The purpose of this communication is the solicitation of insurance. Contact may be made by an insurance agent/producer or insurance company. eHealthInsurance Services, Inc. is not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. government or the federal Medicare program.

eHealth's Medicare website is operated by eHealthInsurance Services, Inc., a licensed health insurance agency.