Learn About Medicare
Have questions? Check out our articles to get answers to your Medicare questions.
Frequently Asked Questions About Medicare
Get the basics about the federal health-care program for U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents of at least five continuous years who are 65 or older or any age with disabilities. Click on a category below for more information.
About Medicare FAQ
- Why Does My Doctor No Longer Accept Medicare? What Happens If My Doctor Leaves My Medicare Advantage Plan Network?
- Is My Doctor in My Medicare Plan Network? What If My Doctor Is Not in the Network?
- How Do I Get a New Medicare Card If My Card Is Damaged, Lost, or Stolen?
- Do I Need to Renew My Medicare Coverage?
- How Do I Report Disability Fraud?
- How Do I Report a Medicare Beneficiary’s Death?
- How Do I Change My Address Through Social Security?
- What Is the “Welcome to Medicare” Physical Exam?
- Which Doctors Accept Medicare Assignment?
- Do I Need Medicare Part A or Part B If I Am Still Working?
- How Does Medicare Work?
Choosing Medicare Plan FAQ
- What Are the Medicare Plan Star Ratings and How Are They Measured?
- Should I Consider Switching Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans?
- Why Do I Need to Go Through Underwriting to Get a Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan?
- What Is the Difference Between Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans F, G, and N?
- What Is a Medicare HMO? What Are the Differences Between HMOs and PPOs?
- What’s the Difference Between Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans?
Medicare Costs FAQ
- Can a Medicare Advantage Plan be Free?
- Do My Medicare Advantage Premiums Count Towards my Out of Pocket Maximum?
- Is There a Medicare Deductible?
- What Does “Primary Insurance Status” Mean?
- Will My Secondary Insurance Pay for My Medicare Deductible And/Or Coinsurance?
- I’ve Noticed That Medicare Advantage Plans Have a Maximum Out-Of-Pocket Limit. Is That a Deductible?
- How Can My Medicare Plan Premium Be Zero Dollars ($0) or Have No Premium?
- Why Did I Receive a Notice (Bill) for My Medicare Premiums?
- How Do I Submit a Claim (Bill) to Medicare?
- How Can I Set up Payment Methods for My Medicare Premiums?
- Where Do I Send My Payment for the Bill I Received for My Medicare Premiums?
Medicare Coverage FAQ
- Medicare Advantage vs Original Medicare: What Are the Pros and Cons?
- What's the Difference Between Home Health Care and Nursing Home Care?
- Why Doesn’t Medicare Cover Dental Care, Hearing Aids, and Eyeglasses?
- What Is Prior Authorization, Step Therapy, and Quantity Limit?
- Does Medicare Cover Overseas Travel Emergencies?
- Does Original Medicare Cover Funeral Costs?
- What Is SilverSneakers™? Does Medicare Cover This Program?
- Can I Get a Medicare Plan That Covers a Health Club Membership?
- Does Medicare Pay for Medical Services Received Aboard a Cruise Ship?
- Will Medicare Cover Me If I Travel to Another State or Country?
- Am I Covered by Medicare If I Travel Outside of the United States?
- Will Medicare Pay for Ambulance Services?
- Is Transportation to My Doctor Included in My Medicare Plan?
- What are Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs)?
- What Is a Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility (CORF)?
- Can a Home Health Agency (HHA) Decline Me as a Patient?
- Does Medicare Cover Mental Health Care?
- Does Medicare Pay for Chiropractic Services?
- Does Medicare Cover the Shingles Vaccine?
- What Diabetic Services Does Medicare Cover?
- What Diabetic Supplies Are Covered by Original Medicare?
- Does Original Medicare Cover Dentures?
- Does Original Medicare Cover Eye Exams?
- What Is the Medicare Coverage for Eye Care and Eyeglasses?
- Will Medicare Pay for My Durable Medical Equipment?
- What Does Medicare Part A Cover?
Medicare Eligibility FAQ
- What Is My Medicare Effective Date?
- What Are Employment Quarters?
- Can I Get a Medicare Advantage Plan and Medicare Prescription Drug Plan at the Same Time?
- Do I Get Medicare If I’m Getting Social Security Disability Benefits?
- Can I Get Medicare Part B When I Turn 65 If I Am Disabled and Only Have Part A? Can I Get Any Other Kinds of Medicare If I’m Disabled?
- Will My Non-Working Spouse, Who Turns 65 Before Me, Get Medicare at Age 65?
- Will My Spouse and Dependent Children Also Receive Medicare Benefits?
- Will My Spouse of 62 Receive Medicare If I’m 65 and I Receive Medicare Benefits?
- Can I Get a Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan If I Am Under 65?
- If I Retire at Age 62, Will I Be Eligible for Medicare at That Time?
Medicare Enrollment FAQ
- Is Medicare Part D Optional?
- How Often Can I Change Medicare Plans?
- I Have Medicare Now; Do I Need to Do Anything Else?
- How Much Is the Medicare Late-Enrollment Penalty?
- Do I Need to Enroll in Medicare Part B If I Am a Retired Federal Employee with an FEHB Plan?
- Can I Drop Medicare Part B Coverage and Add It Later If I Have Employer Group Health Insurance?
- Can I Delay Medicare Part B Enrollment Without Paying Higher Premiums?
- When Can I Add Part B to My Medicare?
- What Is the Medicare Part B Special Enrollment Period for the Working Aged?
- Do I Have to Submit the Initial Enrollment Questionnaire (IEQ) Online?
- What Is the Initial Enrollment Questionnaire (IEQ) and Where Do I Find It?
Medicare Financial Assistance FAQ
Call to speak with a licensed
insurance agent now.
1- TTY users 711
Or, enter your zip code to shop online
Enter your zip code to shop online
Select a topic:
- All Medicare Articles
- Articles About Medicare
- Original Medicare Articles
- Medicare Advantage Articles
- Medicare Supplement Articles
- Medicare Part D Articles
- Medicare Enrollment Articles
- Medicare Coverage Articles
- Medicare Administration Articles
- Medicare Resources Articles
- Caregiver Resource Articles
- Medicare by State
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Medicare Glossary
TTY users 711