Learn About Medicare
Have questions? Check out our articles to get answers to your Medicare questions.
Frequently Asked Questions About Medicare
Get the basics about the federal health-care program for U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents of at least five continuous years who are 65 or older or any age with disabilities. Click on a category below for more information.
About Medicare FAQ
- Why Does My Doctor No Longer Accept Medicare? What Happens If My Doctor Leaves My Medicare Advantage Plan Network?
- Is My Doctor in My Medicare Plan Network? What If My Doctor Is Not in the Network?
- How Do I Get a New Medicare Card If My Card Is Damaged, Lost, or Stolen?
- Do I Need to Renew My Medicare Coverage?
- How Do I Report Disability Fraud?
- How Do I Report a Medicare Beneficiary’s Death?
- How Do I Change My Address Through Social Security?
- What Is the “Welcome to Medicare” Physical Exam?
- Which Doctors Accept Medicare Assignment?
- Do I Need Medicare Part A or Part B If I Am Still Working?
- How Does Medicare Work?
Choosing Medicare Plan FAQ
- What Are the Medicare Plan Star Ratings and How Are They Measured?
- Should I Consider Switching Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans?
- Why Do I Need to Go Through Underwriting to Get a Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan?
- What Is the Difference Between Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans F, G, and N?
- What Is a Medicare HMO? What Are the Differences Between HMOs and PPOs?
- What’s the Difference Between Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans?
Medicare Costs FAQ
- Can a Medicare Advantage Plan be Free?
- Do My Medicare Advantage Premiums Count Towards my Out of Pocket Maximum?
- Is There a Medicare Deductible?
- What Does “Primary Insurance Status” Mean?
- Will My Secondary Insurance Pay for My Medicare Deductible And/Or Coinsurance?
- I’ve Noticed That Medicare Advantage Plans Have a Maximum Out-Of-Pocket Limit. Is That a Deductible?
- How Can My Medicare Plan Premium Be Zero Dollars ($0) or Have No Premium?
- Why Did I Receive a Notice (Bill) for My Medicare Premiums?
- How Do I Submit a Claim (Bill) to Medicare?
- How Can I Set up Payment Methods for My Medicare Premiums?
- Where Do I Send My Payment for the Bill I Received for My Medicare Premiums?
Medicare Coverage FAQ
- Medicare Advantage vs Original Medicare: What Are the Pros and Cons?
- What's the Difference Between Home Health Care and Nursing Home Care?
- Why Doesn’t Medicare Cover Dental Care, Hearing Aids, and Eyeglasses?
- What Is Prior Authorization, Step Therapy, and Quantity Limit?
- Does Medicare Cover Overseas Travel Emergencies?
- Does Original Medicare Cover Funeral Costs?
- What Is SilverSneakers™? Does Medicare Cover This Program?
- Can I Get a Medicare Plan That Covers a Health Club Membership?
- Does Medicare Pay for Medical Services Received Aboard a Cruise Ship?
- Will Medicare Cover Me If I Travel to Another State or Country?
- Am I Covered by Medicare If I Travel Outside of the United States?
- Will Medicare Pay for Ambulance Services?
- Is Transportation to My Doctor Included in My Medicare Plan?
- What are Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs)?
- What Is a Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility (CORF)?
- Can a Home Health Agency (HHA) Decline Me as a Patient?
- Does Medicare Cover Mental Health Care?
- Does Medicare Pay for Chiropractic Services?
- Does Medicare Cover the Shingles Vaccine?
- What Diabetic Services Does Medicare Cover?
- What Diabetic Supplies Are Covered by Original Medicare?
- Does Original Medicare Cover Dentures?
- Does Original Medicare Cover Eye Exams?
- What Is the Medicare Coverage for Eye Care and Eyeglasses?
- Will Medicare Pay for My Durable Medical Equipment?
- What Does Medicare Part A Cover?
Medicare Eligibility FAQ
- What Is My Medicare Effective Date?
- What Are Employment Quarters?
- Can I Get a Medicare Advantage Plan and Medicare Prescription Drug Plan at the Same Time?
- Do I Get Medicare If I’m Getting Social Security Disability Benefits?
- Can I Get Medicare Part B When I Turn 65 If I Am Disabled and Only Have Part A? Can I Get Any Other Kinds of Medicare If I’m Disabled?
- Will My Non-Working Spouse, Who Turns 65 Before Me, Get Medicare at Age 65?
- Will My Spouse and Dependent Children Also Receive Medicare Benefits?
- Will My Spouse of 62 Receive Medicare If I’m 65 and I Receive Medicare Benefits?
- Can I Get a Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan If I Am Under 65?
- If I Retire at Age 62, Will I Be Eligible for Medicare at That Time?
Medicare Enrollment FAQ
- Is Medicare Part D Optional?
- How Often Can I Change Medicare Plans?
- I Have Medicare Now; Do I Need to Do Anything Else?
- How Much Is the Medicare Late-Enrollment Penalty?
- Do I Need to Enroll in Medicare Part B If I Am a Retired Federal Employee with an FEHB Plan?
- Can I Drop Medicare Part B Coverage and Add It Later If I Have Employer Group Health Insurance?
- Can I Delay Medicare Part B Enrollment Without Paying Higher Premiums?
- When Can I Add Part B to My Medicare?
- What Is the Medicare Part B Special Enrollment Period for the Working Aged?
- Do I Have to Submit the Initial Enrollment Questionnaire (IEQ) Online?
- What Is the Initial Enrollment Questionnaire (IEQ) and Where Do I Find It?
Medicare Financial Assistance FAQ
Call to speak with a licensed
insurance agent now.
1- TTY users 711
Or, enter your zip code to shop online
Enter your zip code to shop online
Select a topic:
- All Medicare Articles
- Articles About Medicare
- Original Medicare Articles
- Medicare Advantage Articles
- Medicare Supplement Articles
- Medicare Part D Articles
- Medicare Enrollment Articles
- Medicare Coverage Articles
- Medicare Administration Articles
- Medicare Resources Articles
- Caregiver Resource Articles
- Medicare by State
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Medicare Glossary
Get Medicare Help
We can help you:
- Save on average up to $531*
- Compare plans for free
- Compare plans in as little as 60 seconds
*eHealth's Medicare Choice and Impact report examines user sessions from more than 45,000 eHealth Medicare visitors who used the company's Medicare prescription drug coverage comparison tool in the fourth quarter of 2018, including Medicare's 2019 Annual Election Period (October 15 – December 7, 2018).
TTY users 711