Medicare Advantage Plans in Wyoming
Wyoming Medicare Advantage (Medicare Part C) - Statistics and Facts
Looking for a Medicare Advantage Plan in Wyoming? Offered by private insurance companies WY Medicare Advantage plans (also known as WY Medicare Part C plans) act as an alternative for Original Medicare. By law, Medicare Advantage plans must offer all benefits of Medicare Parts A and B. If you're looking for a Medicare solution in one convenient package, you may wish to consider a Medicare Part C plan. Following are some interesting statistics and facts about Medicare Advantage in the state of Wyoming.
- Total Wyoming residents enrolled in Medicare Advantage: 3,201
- Wyoming residents enrolled in Medicare Advantage HMOs: 135
- WY residents enrolled in Medicare Advantage Local PPOs: 548
- WY Medicare Advantage beneficiaries enrolled in Regional PPOs: 42
- WY beneficiaries enrolled in Medicare Part C PFFS Plans: 2,353
- Enrolled in Wyoming Medicare Part C Cost Plans: 123
- Enrolled in Other Wyoming Medicare Part C Plans: 0
- 2010 to 2011 WY Medicare Advantage Enrollment Change: -26%
Data provided by the Kaiser Family Foundation:
Medicare Advantage 2011 Data Spotlight: Medicare Advantage Enrollment Market Update
Publication Number: 8228
Quick Tips On WY Medicare Advantage Insurance
It's really important to compare prices when choosing your Wyoming Medicare Advantage (Medicare Part C) plan. In the recent PlanPrescriber (an eHealth subsidiary) study from the 2011 Medicare Annual Enrollment Period titled "Medicare Annual Enrollment Period Beneficiary Choice & Impact Study" (link to study below), we found that only 9.25% of National Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) Plan beneficiaries were in the plan with the lowest total out of pocket cost. This study surveyed 3,719 MAPD beneficiaries on a national level. Compare WY Medicare Part C plans and save.
It's important to stay on top of the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) dates. AEP is the time each year when you are able to change Wyoming Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D plans. This is when you can move from your WY Medicare Supplement plan to a WY Medicare Advantage plan. For the 2011-2012 season, AEP spans from October 15, 2011 to December 7, 2011. If you have a qualifying event outside of AEP, you may also be eligible to change plans.
WY Medicare Part C plans offer a multitude of benefits. Just a few include: affordable monthly premiums, out of pocket limits, and variable plan types (HMOs, PPOs, and more). Moreover, many Wyoming Medicare Advantage plans also offer Part D prescription drug benefits as well.
- Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-Star rating system. Star Ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next.
- Not every plan is available statewide or in all service areas.