Enter your state
Medicare Advantage Plans in New Jersey
About Medicare Advantage in New Jersey
Medicare beneficiaries in New Jersey may find that they are not covered for certain benefits, such as routine vision, hearing, or dental, under Original Medicare . However, it is possible to receive these benefits if a beneficiary enrolls in a Medicare Advantage (MA) plan . MA plans are offered by private insurance companies, which cover all benefits under Part A and Part B, while potentially offering additional benefits not found in Original Medicare .
Medicare Advantage plan statistics for New Jersey
- Number of organizations in New Jersey with Medicare Advantage contracts (2013): 14
- Total number of Medicare Advantage plans available (2013): 35
- Number of local Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) with Medicare Advantage contracts (2013): 9
- Total number of Medicare Special Needs Plans (SNPs) available (2012): 9
- Percent of Medicare Advantage enrollees with a $0 premium (2012): 54%
- Total enrollment in Medicare Advantage (2012): 197,190
- Medicare Advantage enrollees as a percent of total Medicare population (2012): 15%
- Total enrollment in local HMO Medicare Advantage plans (2012): 179,215
Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug plans in New Jersey
There are many Medicare Advantage plans in New Jersey that also offer prescription drug coverage. These are called Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug plans (MAPDs) and offer a single plan that combines both health benefits and prescription medication benefits, and there are 152,826 Medicare beneficiaries in New Jersey enrolled in MAPDs.
Comparing Medicare Advantage plans in New Jersey
You should always comparison shop before selecting a Medicare Advantage plan. It is important to know what Medicare Advantage plans are available in your area , as well as the cost, since these factors can vary depending on your county of residence. You should note that there are a few available plans that have monthly premiums as low as $0 (although you will still continue paying your Part B premium).
Also, it is important to decide whether you wish to include prescription drug coverage with a Medicare Advantage plan in New Jersey. Recall that Medicare Advantage plans cover additional benefits not found in Original Medicare, so consider your health and medication needs when you shop for plans.
Data provided by the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation