At eHealthInsurance, we are strongly committed to protecting your privacy. To serve as your licensed insurance agent, we will ask you to provide us with personal information about you. We only use your personal information to help you find and, if you choose to do so, apply for health insurance and other products that may be of interest to you and your family. We do not sell, trade or give away your personal information to anyone. Additionally, we use industry-leading technologies to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide us.
Throughout the policy, we refer to information that can identify you as a specific individual, such as your name, phone number, email address, Social Security number or credit card number, as "personal information." Further, personal information includes any information involving your health or medical history.
- We do not sell, trade or give away your personal information to anyone.
- We do not disclose your personal information to third parties, unless one of the following limited exceptions applies.
Insurance Companies, Licensed Agents and authorized HSA Trustees or Administrators.
If you submit an application for an insurance product offered by us, then we will disclose your personal information to your chosen insurance company to process your application. If you submit an application for an insurance product offered through an insurance agent or agency with whom we have associated, then we may disclose your personal information to that agent or agency to process your requested quote or application. If you complete an enrollment form for a health savings account ("HSA") offered through an authorized HSA trustee or administrator with whom we have associated, then we may disclose your personal information to that trustee or administrator to enroll you in an HSA. Please be assured that these partners are only allowed to use your personal information to process your requested quote, application or enrollment form and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality.
We may disclose your personal information to other companies that help us process or service your insurance application or correspond with you. For example, we may provide your personal information to a service provider to verify the validity or credit limit of your credit card. Please be assured that the companies we hire to process or service your insurance application or correspond with you are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality.
Legal Obligations.We may disclose or report your personal information when we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure is required or permitted under law, for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities or to resolve consumer disputes.
Business Transition.If eHealthInsurance is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of it’s assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Outside of these exceptions, we will not share your personal information with third parties.
Registering With Us.
We begin collecting personal information from you when you register with us. You may register with us through our website by entering your email address and, if you are creating an account, choosing your password. You may also register with us through our Customer Care Center by providing certain personal or contact information (e.g., email address, phone number, gender, date of birth) to one of our customer service representatives.
Applying for Health Insurance and Other Products.
If you apply for a health insurance or other product through our website, we may ask you to provide us with personal information and/or health information relating to you and any family member who will be included on your application. This information will be used by your chosen insurance company, agent or HSA trustee or administrator to process your application. Additionally, we may ask you to provide us with credit card or bank information, which will be used by your chosen insurance company or HSA Trustee or Administrator to process your application or collect any fees associated with your application or insurance premiums upon approval of your application.
Providing you with a quote or processing your application.
We may use your personal information to get in touch with you when necessary to process your application or to provide you with a quote. For example, emails will be sent to you throughout the application process to inform you of the status of your application and to seek additional information that is requested as part of the application.
Customer satisfaction, referrals and other products.
We or our wholly-owned subsidiaries may contact you to survey your satisfaction of our service, refer our products and services to other people, and/or to inform you of additional products and services. You may opt out of receiving these additional communications from us by following the opt-out procedures below.
- Anonymous information is any information that does not personally identify you, including aggregate demographic information such as the number of visitors to our website from a particular state.
- We use anonymous information primarily for marketing purposes and to improve the services we offer you.
- We may use "Cookies," "Clear Gifs," "Internet Protocol" addresses and other monitoring technologies to gather anonymous information. For a more detailed discussion on cookies and clear gifs, please see below.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. For a more detailed discussion of the electronic safeguards on our website, please see below.
- If your personal information changes, if you want to correct, update or delete your contact information, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Customer Service, eHealthInsurance.com, 11919 Foundation Place Suite 100 Gold River, CA 95670. Additionally, you may update your name, email address and password by clicking on the "Sign in" or "My Account" link on this website and signing in using your email address and password.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Please note that once your application has been submitted to your chosen health insurance company, you may have to contact the insurance company directly to update your application.
- If we are going to use your personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you via email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your personal information in this different manner. In addition, if we make any material changes to our information privacy practices that do not affect the personal information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice in the privacy portion of our website notifying users of the change.
- We may contact you to survey your satisfaction of our service and/or to inform you of additional products and services.
- If you want to opt out of these surveys and/or notices, you may contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at Customer Service, eHealthInsurance.com, 11919 Foundation Place Suite 100 Gold River, CA 95670.
- Please note that you will still receive communications from us regarding your insurance quote, application or policy even if you opt out of receiving our surveys and/or notices of additional products and services.
- If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your questions within 30 days.
- If we have not responded to your inquiry, or if your inquiry has not been addressed to your satisfaction, please contact TRUSTe at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Additional Information About Privacy and Security at eHealthInsurance
- Please click on a topic below to get more information about privacy and security at eHealthInsurance.
- Cookies, Clear Gifs and Local Storage Objects (LSOs)
- Behavioral Targeting / Re-targeting
- Browsers and Internet Security
- Your Password and Other Security Issues
- Security Risk of Using Non-Approved Automated Software Applications
- Links to Other Websites
"Clear gifs" are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are used to track the online movements of website users. The main difference between the two is that clear gifs are invisible on the page and are much smaller than cookies. We do not collect any personal information from clear gifs. Further, no information we collect from clear gifs can be linked back to your personal information.
Third parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based on our Web browsing activity, use LSO’s to collect and store information.
Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSO. To manage Flash LSOs please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
NOTE: Participant may also link to the NAI opt-out mechanism http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
Any time you enter or provide personal information in our website, we encrypt it using Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") technology. SSL protects information as it crosses the Internet. To support this technology, you need an SSL-capable browser. eHealthInsurance recommends using a strong encryption, 128-bit browser such as Microsoft's Internet Explorer 4.01 or higher or Netscape Navigator 4.06 or higher. These browsers will activate SSL automatically whenever you begin shopping for plan on our website and when you return to our website to complete an application.
You can tell if you are visiting a secure area within a website by looking at the symbol on the bottom of your browser screen. If you are using Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, you will see either a lock or a key. When the padlock is in the locked position, your session connection is taking place via a secure server.
If you need a strong encryption browser, you can go to the Microsoft website or the Netscape website to download the latest Internet Explorer or Navigator browser. We do not recommend the use of beta browser versions.
The password you enter when you begin an application on our website is your private entry key into your application. You should never share it with anyone.
Your password must be between 6-20 digits and/or letters long.
If you forget your password, we can send your password through email (provided that you gave us your
email address as your user ID when you created an account on our website) or we can help you retrieve
your password by calling us toll free at 800-977-8860.
For security reasons to guard the safety of your data, access to this website is limited to SSL-capable browsers such as Microsoft's Internet Explorer 4.01 or higher or Netscape Navigator 4.06 or higher. Under no circumstance should you use any software, program, application or any other device to access or log-in to the eHealthInsurance website, or to automate the process of obtaining, downloading, transferring or transmitting any content to or from our computer systems, website or proprietary software.
Our website contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links you are "clicking" to another website. eHealthInsurance is not responsible for the information privacy practices or the content of such websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these linked websites as their information privacy practices may differ from ours.
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media Features and Widgets
Last Updated: 08/29/2014